Wow!

First off, heartfelt "Thank You" to Karen for heeding the call to teach our children. Nobody can excel in that role without having a deep love for both the kids and the work. Very few of us can fully realize the emotion and the commitment it takes to do it at all, not to mention to do it so well. She is helping build the future of our country and our world, and for that, has earned our gratitude and respect. I know that she knows she is making a meaningful difference every day, but it's still nice to be recognized.

I work for public educators, so I have some frame of reference. I trust your wife is a member of Iowa Education Association. Civil rights, human dignity, education, unionism - all these things have always gone together.

As far as advice, she doesn't need it. The rest of the process is just going to be her talking about her work, which she obviously knows and loves. Tell her to relax, feel and express her passion for teaching and, most of all, savor the experience.

Finally, just buy a damn suit. Mens Wearhouse or whatever. Maybe get a haircut while you're at it. How are you going to be the First Husband looking all scruffy?

Seriously, congratulations to Karen and to your family on this tremendous honor.

BRAVO!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem