I am in the process of upgrading my HT equipment and need some advice. I will eventually be upgrading my audio to 2 ea. M60,1 pr. QS-8, 1 ea. VP150 for my 5.0 setup. Yes you noticed that there won't be a subwoofer as I live in an apartment.

Questions:

1. During my first buying spree, I will be buying the M60's and the VP150. I plan on moving my *cough* Bose *cough* 601 series 3 to use as temp surround speakers so I can get rid of the pesky *cough* Bose *cough* wedges that are my current center and surrounds. Is this arrangement going to drive me sonically insane?

2.After I purchase my QS8's and upgrade my receiver, are the M60's going to be able to provide sufficient bass to allow me to skip a subwoofer? I realize that this question is subjective, but I really don't have the option of running a sub in my apartment building.

3. If there is a question of the M60's bass abilities, and I decide to move up to M80's, is a receiver like a Yamaha RX-V2600 going to be able to drive the M80's given their 4 ohm imp?

My head hurts.