OK - you characters don't get off THAT easy!

Please pardon my abscence (or enjoy it ). I've been busier than a one legged man in a shin kicking contest. The new house has taken way too much time to tweak and work (which I hope won't last much past my 59th birthday next year) has been a real hoot.

I wander into the forum from time to time to keep an eye on you, but then its off to the next task.

Mark - you are right about the golf season. It is winding down. Never really got into like I should this year. However, my fixer upper handicap is MUCH improved.

Don't get the wrong idea - the house is great! Just that the putz I bought it from never took "Handyman 101" and there were some other things I wanted to do as well.

One of the big things left to do is finish the basement. Mary is right - my home theater is in boxes waiting for the basement to be done and it's killing me. We're scraping by with a 42" plasma above the fireplace in the great room and some excellent bookshelf speakers, but I really miss the 5.1 setup. I figure to start in December/finish end of Feb and we'll be good to go.

The bad weather should set in shortly and that will curtail the outside stuff, so I'll have some time to get back into the forum and torture you guys a bit!

I'm not sure where the craigsub thread is relative to his 11/19 GTG, but I traded messages with Jack today and we're both planning to attend. Just sent Craig a note asking for the details. As I understand it, Jack and I will be responsible for the portion of the day involving nodding off and drooling. We'll also be conducting a seminar on how to keep the wind from whistling between your teeth while napping and proper nasel and aural hair grooming. There is rumored to be a party, so I know Jack is planning to pack Super Depends for use when the bar opens.

My bride is harrassing me to get ready. We're going to a steak house for dinner tonight. They serve them in various sizes, all the way up to a piece of meat that is big enough to have its own zip code. I will be taking ropes and pitons to tackle one of those bad boys.

Again, I apologize for being MIA and look forward to re-entering the realm of the Axiomites. Thanks for asking about me, feels nice.

Ray