OK. Here I go again.
If you are wanting an excuse to flame me for posting about this, stop reading...
If you don't need a DVD player, stop reading...
If you hate people because they jsut want to share a good deal, stop reading...

If you need one of the most highly sought after (maybe because it is rarely in stock) DVD players, take a look.

The Panny S97 is a great unit for quality DVD playing. It has a slew of features that I use, such as dialog enhancement, oodles of display and audio tweaking ability. HDMI, Component, SVideo, and Composite video outputs. And a feature I like, is it will upconvert your picture to 720p or 1080i. No this will NOT make your regular DVD into some magical "hi-def" version, and no, I don't want to start a debate on if the picture is "true" to the source. It isn't. The system uses complex algorythms to "fill in" pixels to offer a smoother image when blowing it up on a big screen TV or projection system. This technology has been around for years in the form of devices like Line Doublers, and Line Quadruplers, and the like so it is a proven tecnology that is included in this $269 DVD player. Put that on top of it being progressive scan, and you get a great picture! I've owned a rock solid Pioneer 525 in the past, I have a cheap Memorex ($25 last Christmas) player that is progressive scan, and I have used my new Dell Laptop connected up, and the picture coming out of the S97 blows them all away.

This usually runs $299 WHEN you can find it in stock, and $30 off from a reputible (one of the few left) "photo" stores on the web is a great deal.

Here is the link:
Panny S97 DVD

Farewell - June 4, 2020