My 2805 is sometimes confusing also, last night it was in ProLogixIIx mode when I was watching the Incredible Hulk, actually it was cool as it used the rear speakers for 7.1. The screen said Dolby Digital + ProIIX Cinema...

Cgolf, I'm sure it will work, the Denon's really suck in this area. Try clicking the Standard Button on the remote, not the Cinema button. When you click the Cinema button you have other options like you mentioned plus ProLogic Games/Movies/Music options. Also, on the remote on the lower right hand side there is a button, I think it is called Surround Mode or something like that, there is also one on the receiver near the right side smaller knob. Once you click that you can go right/left and select different options. Make sure in the menu system you have AUTO set for surround mode...

Let us know if you figure it out man. Some movies also have a setup menu where you have to select 2channel or 5.1, etc...
Also, on most movies during the beginning credits and trailers, your receiver may say Pro Logic, or something else, that is normal. Once the movie starts it should then go to 5.1 DD or whatever...

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85