axiom people - i've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, and i'd first like to compliment all of you. this forum is friendly and informative, especially in the world of HT/audio forums.

i am just beginning to put together my first (semi-serious) HT/audio system. at the moment, i have a pioneer vsx-d914k reciever, which works well with my current setup (too low-quality to mention without being embarrased, other than the reciever). i cannot afford to buy everything at once, but am considering the axiom m50's and v150. the room they're going into is 12 x 20 with no hallways or other openings except the door. most people who post on this board seem to have a much nicer reciever than my D914K, and im wondering if i'd be getting into trouble with the m50's. the last thing i want is to buy a great pair of speakers that sound bad because i dont have a good-enough reciever. unfortunately, i can't really afford to buy both at once... should i upgrade my reciever before even thinking about speakers, or can i safely pull the trigger on the m50's?

i was also wondering if anybody has had any first-hand experience with axiom factory seconds. though they carry the same warranty and are "functionally perfect, " i'm a little hesitant. then again, saving the cash would be nice. thanks