Hello All,

I have been reading and rereading posts for the past couple of months trying to decide between the M22i and M60 speakers. As soon as I seem to be set on one or the other, I read another post that gets me thinking again. The obvious solution...stop reading the posts!

Well, it happened again that I was set on the M22i and I read a recent post on 22v60v80. I live in an old house that has pretty small rooms. The living room where my stereo resides is around 14x16 feet with 8 foot ceilings. My receiver/amp is a 10-year-old Sony something or other with around 125W. My big, grand 15-year-old Research Acoustics speakers are shot and I need to replace them.

Even though it is a small room, I crank them up fairly loud now and then (shaking the living room loud). I listen to mainly alternative-type rock (Interpol, Ramones, Monster Magnet) along with classical and movies. The M22s are half the price of the M60s, but those M60s look awfully sweet and seem to be able to handle more when needed. Is it overkill with the M60s or underestimating with the M22s?

Any advice will be deeply appreciated. I made it as far as the order form this time. ;-)

Thanks