ok. i have been saying that the vocals in my music while listening to 2.1 channel stereo (with sub) i noticed the vocals being quite a bit quieter than the music. almost as if the singer was behind the stage. well i spent a couple hours today at a hifi shop the owner of which is someone i greatly respect. he asked me manyquestions...then said "you don't have LOUD on by any chance do you?"

yes, i asnwered, as i always want things louder....he of course laughed and explained that "LOUD" really just makes more bass and treble, while ignoring the midrange all together pretty much. well, i go home, and turn the "LOUD" off, and what do ya know? there's the vocals returning...now they are still not perfect, but it might be the recording, my front end (i'm using a 100.00 pioneer dvd player, crap i know) or my room. but funny how the vocals and music got a lot better, and a LOT less sibilant and bright with LOUD turned OFF....much much more pleasant to listen to.

if anyone comes here and says they find the axioms too bright, my first suggestion would be to turn off LOUD on the receiver...i think it might be the culpit of many of my troubles thus far.

just thought i'd share. i'll continue to play with it, and yes, i found the EQ settings on the 1015tx...they are kinda hard to get to, but i will play with them now that i found them.

Axiom M60Ti Infinity 2000.6 x 4 Infinity RS1 rear Infinity CC200 HSU VTF3 - MKII