Mostly movies, huh?

Cool.

Before I discovered Axiom, and before Home Theater really got off the ground, I had a little Aiwa mini-system. Front channels 40W and 20 for the rest. It did have a LFE line level output(whatever THAT was)for Dolby Pro Logic.

We got it home and fired it off with an action video on VHS. Grins popped on our faces and stayed there for quite a while; weeks perhaps!

Each main had a 7" woofer plus smaller stuff for a fairly deceint presentation!! It made music soup rather than give a good soundstage, but it was better than watching movies thru the TV speakers by factors of a bunch.

It was lots of fun

Later I found out what LFE was all about and remembered the old amp that our daughter had left in our attic that only had one functioning channel......hmmmmm......

Out in the garage also sat the old 16mm sound projector with 10" drivered full range speaker(I know it shouldn't have been left in the garage)but....hmmmmm...

...maybe the two will go together; the lame amp and 1946 speaker!!

They did!! They made even more of a difference in the movies than the whole surround sound array of five only slightly deficient Aiwa speakers!!

Bottom line?

In my humble opinion, anyway, even with less than ideal speakers, movies will still sound pretty good!! Add a Sub, and a whole new world is opened up!!

My vote also, is for a sub first!!
Rich.