Hello From Portland Oregon!
Any other fellow Oregonians on the board?

I have been lurking on these boards off and on since December 2002. I have enjoyed many a thread on a variety of issues from the sidelines. I am hoping to be a little more active on the board in the future. I am getting M22s for christmas and then Qs4s for my B-day in April so I will be looking forward to hearing the axiom sound. I am currently running Paradigm Fronts and Surrounds, a PDR10 Sub and no center. What has prompted me to post is my new Surround Receiver. I just hooked up a Denon 3805. All my equipment is packed into an Armoire that does not allow me to get to the cable connections. Of course when I hooked all the components up for a test run before putting all the components into the Armoire everything was working fine. Now I am having a variety of problems. Before I take everything out of the Armoire (which is quite difficult) I wanted to see if anyone thinks I have set up issues.

Denon 3805- I have all cables running to the 3805's inputs and an S-video out and a component out from the receiver to the tv.

DVD Player- with component connection and optical cable

X-box- with component connection

Direct TV box with S-video and optical cable

CD-payer with analog connection.

Sony 34" HDTV-

My problems.

1.I am getting no video out of the DVD player but I am getting sound.

2. I am getting video from my xbox but no sound

I am getting the picture and sound from my Direct Tv box and sound from the CD player. So I am thinking my problems stem from the Component connections. All the connnections are tight. I was able to check that the component out from the 3805 is in the correct spot and the cable is going to the correct input on my TV.

Before I put all the electronics into the Armoire I had set all the inputs from the OSD and everything was functioning properly. I did not change how the cables were hooked up or any of the settings before I put everything in the armoire although I did have to unplug everything.

If anyone has any advice besides hitting everything with a hammer It would be greatly appreciated. I have read through the manual a few times and although it is a bit confusing I think I am setting all the inputs correctly.

Thanks Joe

Keep life simple ride a fixie