Based on my research this line conditioner has the same protection as most surge arrests and protects against EMI/RFI noise. What is EMI/RFI? I dunno. It performs like Monster Power but costs less. But what it has that Monster does not have is maintaning full level power to all devices connected to it. This is good for devices that are power hungry and have variable drains such as a projector. The projector can vary depending how much light the projector bulb presents. During those bright scenes the projector is draining high levels of power. The LCR 2400 will provide the projector as much power as it is needed via the power supply. This is also the case for Power amps that need the extra power during peaks. The LCR also regulates the power to each device so that when the power supply needs 250W, it gets 250w. In some condos or really old houses power fluctuation can happen which creates havok to power supplies and cause it stress too much due to lack of power or has too much power that it maybe overpowering the power supply.(Don't quote me on that. An EE could better explain this better than me) Try the AVIA test with the video power line test to see if you get the bending of the lines when the brightness is cranked all the way up. If the power resource is lacking it will make the line bend. When using the LCR2400 it would continously supply the power needed to project the bulb in scary brightness that even the lines do not bend.
On top of that the line conditioner has insurance protection against "transient power from surges" ie electrical storm, power feedback from blown transformer - which are all rare in the first place.
It is highly used the the computer and telecom world. I trust it well enough. I do not think it creates the sine waves created by the UPS power sources. If you plan to buy this do not buy it from audio or video sources. Go to your computer contacts and buy it from them. You would get it much cheaper.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1780125&highlight=lcr2400#post1780125

Saturn