Ok, I have the DVD "American Beauty" that I purchased a few years ago. Anyway, I was going to make a copy of it, so my sister and brother in-law could watch the movie. I would loan them mine, but they don't live close and I would have to mail my original.

First I tried DVD Shrink, the most recent version, it gets about 50% during the analyzing stage then freezes up and won't complete, I believe I get an RCE error. This happened one other time when I tried to Copy Robots for my son. Must be something the way the DVD was created that can't be encrypted.

So then I tried the famous DVD Decryptor, the is a very very popular program, and has a high success rate. Anyway, same thing, about 20 minutes into the decrypting, it failed on one sector and was not able to complete.

OK, I like the above programs because they are freeware online, and I like supporting freeware. Since they didn't work I fired up my Retail copy of DVDXCopy I got at Best Buy. Again, after about 15 minutes into copying the files to the Hard Drive, DVDXCopy went into a "Not Responding" state. This really bites.

So, for those that do a lot of DVD copying, is this normal for some DVD's not to allow you to copy them? The first two programs above will crack the macrovision fine, so it is not that, must be this RCE stuff, whatever that is.

Any other options out there I don't know about, hopefully, Freeware.

Thanks, Randy

ps: for those that are wondering, yes I make copy of DVD's I own, to preserve my originals...

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85