Dear Peter and friends,

I cannot improve upon the sentiments and wisdom already expressed, but I wanted to lend my voice to the public chorus.

With due apologies for the plagarism I am about to commit, it strikes me that there are many ways to be "Home". A house is not a Home - A House is a machine for living in. Home is where the Heart is, so you may continue to have California as your Home for quite some time - His native home deep imag'd in his soul. Home is Where You Hang Your Hat, so you will undoubtedly learn to love and appreciate your new surroundings - Unless you move, the place where you are is the place where you will always be. I have often mused that this forum is my choice of Internet home, and it is clear that your character and humor have earned you a supportive, adoptive family here. These friends will sustain you during your short quest for new and invigorating relationships in Virginia.

Lastly, the one (of many purloined things) I will attribute is that of Scottish Poet James Thomson:

Home is the resort
Of love, of joy, of peace, and plenty; where
Supporting and supported, polished friends
And dear relations mingle into bliss.

Peter, congratulations and warmest wishes as you and your family embark on your new life.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem