Feature wise the HK AVR240 has what I want, it is the power rating that might be off. The 335/340 has only a five watt power advantage but does have multi-room which I have no use for. So the money is not well spent on that unit. The 435 would be a good move but it doesn't have the iPod bridge option and the 440 is too far off.

The Denon is a nice option but it to lacks the iPod connector and bass management is limited to setting the same crossover for all speakers. You can choose 40hz, 60hz, 80hz and so on, but all speakers need to use the same frequency. The HK's allow for independent crossovers.

www.relayvillage.com has a way you can buy the AVR240 online for $399 and pick it up locally. So no freight charge makes the price comparable to an on-line etailer for $350 where you have a $30 shipping charge. Then there is the local advantage where I can return it for whatever reason for 30 days. That makes the $20 price premium worth it. I would still probably buy the Denon if I could get one locally for even $550 but I doubt that will happen.

I'll give a listen to an AVR240 on my lunch break and take it from there.

Thanks for the input.

Greg