An unfortunate result of upgrading my main system to the Denon/Axiom combo and having that old tube system in my office is my wife and her rapidly-maturing ears. She is becoming less and less satisfied with the computer speakers in her office. Right now she has a set of Altec-Lansing sub-sats. You can imagine. So, I have a pair of Bose 301's gathering dust in the garage. I want to pair them with a sub and run her computer through my old HK AVR-25. I want to spend just a little on this, and I don't need a supersub of any kind. The question I ask: Has anyone heard/bought/played with those Dayton Audio subs you can get for $120? They have speaker level in/outs that I need, price is right. But for a "trainer" system do you think it would be good enough? The EP125 is just too expensive for this app I think ($360 FO) and the Hsu STF-1 is pretty close ($299). Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Which is of course why I posted this to begin with.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti