In reply to:

I have actually seen quite a bit of advertising by Axiom lately on different forums and websites like Audiorevolution. I have no opinion on it, but it may have something to do with their strategy of cutting off third party sales from Audioshop and others lately.

This is probably true.
I have also noticed their logo more often than before around some forum sites over the past year, but if anyone had asked me about Axiom two years ago, i would never have been able to say who they were. Paradigm, PSB, Energy, Boston Acoustics, etc. are mainstream names that come to mind that i knew about a decade ago, some of which have been around for nearly the same amount of time as Axiom.
That does say something about how much the companies mass adverstise and historically promoted their products towards those new to the audio world of equipment.
Of course the increasing presence of the internet is also a huge source of info that was virtually non-existent until the past decade.
Unless you picked up audio magazines for reading reviews, you may never have come across the name Axiom in most audio stores. I still cannot even remember where i got the name Axiom to review for speaker choices when i had started seriously looking. I do remember that it was not the internet.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."