Ah, riding a bicycle in the snow. Memories!!

My bike was accused of looking like a circus going down the road.(called "survival")
I had eleven reflectors on the back plus a yellow flasher and two red tail lights. My helmet was covered with white and yellow reflective tape. And, that was just the start of it! The front was only about 60% as obvious.

It was(is)an 80s style of ten-speed so didn't weigh a lot when the snow got too deep along the edge of the road and I had to carry it to the next salt cleared ridable area. Ok, it scaled out at about 52lbs loaded, cuz I had to carry a change of clothes for when I arrived at work and was able to shower and get dressed for the day.(didn't need to pack a suit coat though cuz Everyone knew I rode a bicycle)plus I needed extra batteries for the trip home cause in the winter it was dark going in, and dark going home!!(remember, 80s technology)

Put nearly 15K miles on the dear thing mostly back and forth to work(25 mile round trip)in Michigan winters; snow or shine.

The only time I remember riding in 45MPH+ winds was during hurricane Erin after we moved here to Florida. It was fun.

Kept the shoes on though, pedels had "foot belts" on open metal serrated pedals, hard on shoes(good grip though)murder on feet!!