I had a client who was a vocalist, gave her a copy of a few tracks with her vocal track excluded (she had a small get together thing she was to sing at, without the band, was just going to do it karaoke style)... she had her little brother make a few copies (at "default" settings in Roxio's Ee-Zee CeeDee Copier or whatever was bundled), just in case she left it behind somewhere... got to the little impromptu gig, and it wouldn't play.

We tried the discs in a multitude of different players, just for sh*ts and giggles... it would play flawlessly in her Panasonic DVD player, in one of my two Toshiba DVD-Ps (I think the SD-1800 but not the SD-3860?), it played with distortion in my HK carousel and Alpine car unit, and results were nearly random on computer CD-ROMs, using both "analog" and "digital/data playback" modes and not at all in a few boombox type players and one of my DVD-Ps.

Another issue I find often is that Nero and other burning software turns CD-Text on by default which may be part of the problem with some players or at least a minor annoyance if you haven't actually entered any info for the CD-Text.

Bren R.