Hi Everyone, I've heard great things about Axiom speakers from a co-worker who owns them, and have been lurking around here long enough to see that the people here are among the more civilized and open minded on the internet.

Although I've decided on Axioms for the centre (Canadian spelling) and rear, I'm holding off judgement for the front mains, as I plan to use this for 2-channel listening as well. I'll be powering this setup with various rotel power amps, and my listening consists of mainly female vocals, easy listening and orchestral (I already have 2 subs).

Anyway, here is my question: The speakers I am considering besides the M22's are literally 3 times more than the M22's (yes, I understand I should timbre match the centre and the rest of the speakers), but if anyone has heard the M22 as well as these, I would really appreciate any opinions and feedback without cost as a consideration. I'm trying to decide based on best clarity, imaging, soundstage depth and width, etc. Here are the candidates:

Axiom M22
Von Schweikert VR-1
ProAc Tablettes
Meadowlark Swifts
Amphion Argon2
Dahlquist QX6

I'm not considering the Totem and Dynaudio offerings because I don't like that they are 4 ohm. Thanks for any help.

Stephen

Last edited by twitchie; 06/17/03 11:53 AM.