I got another email from REL distributor in USA, now he starts to make more sense:

In reply to:

The REL is connected at High-level, which means you use the crossover in the REL, not the bass management features in the preamp. The REL is connected to your power amp. The REL connector attaches to the same binding posts to which your speaker cables connect (they share the binding post). The REL crossover plays above the crossover point. If you cross over at 25 Hz, it will play above 25 Hz, just as your speakers will play below 37 Hz (though possibly not at an audible level). The idea is to match the rolloff of the REL with the rolloff of your main speakers. This is done by ear; there is no need to concern yourself too much with the crossover point; I am simply stating that, in my experience, the REL is crossed-over around 25 Hz the overwhelming majority of the time when used with floorstanding speakers. If you follow the setup procedure outlined in our REL Setup guide, you will arrive at the proper crossover point.

Best,

Comments???

I have heard about some good bass management units such as This one, or, a unit mentioned in this forum as well, Outlaw ICBM. I wonder if they are worth it. Besides, shouldn't I be able to get a satisfying level of bass by the subwoofer alone?

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3