I would say to use the coaxial cable, that will cost you about 50$ or so, the bass output, you can use any kind of rca cable, just as long as it is of enough length, if you go to the store you will see “subwoffer” cable, all it that means is “hey I’m an ordinary rca cable, but pay more for me, because I’m labeled a subwoofer cable” this should cost about 10-30$ depending on how long you need.. for video, if you don’t have composit video, which I don’t think you mentioned, this is the red/blue/green each color has it’s own cable and provides the best picture quality, because there is no blead over, in the signal between each color(I think). Other wise use S video, this produces a very crisp and sharp picture, I would say get 6’ or so, even if you don’t need it all. This should cost about 15$ or so X2.. the best way to get the cable input from the cable to the receiver would be to get a cable box. If this isn’t a option, you could possible take the audio out from the tv, and run that to one of the inputs to the receiver, then go into the tv settings and set them appropriately.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/cables.html

axiom makes some Very good cables, they have gotten excellent reviews by everyone who as reviewed their cables.

I would say don’t buy the cheapest cables that you find, but like johnk said don’t pay an outrages amount either. I think I gave you a pretty good idea of what to spend, you could probably plan on spending 50-100$ total on cables including speaker cable, I would say get 12 gage speaker wire, if you guys haven’t already gotten that taken care of.