Mike and 'Trane,

I understand about the skip button going to a new disk in the same player instead of to the other player. I experience the same thing. If there is a way around it, I don't know what it is. I think the "trigger" for the machine to switch players is the end of a song, so you could fast forward through it instead of skip, but that doesn't really work well.

Mike, when I turn my machines off, they stay on "all disks - shuffle". I only turn off the master unit (which then powers down the other one). I power on the main unit (which again, powers up the slave), and then hit No delay - Play and I'm back to all disks shuffle between the two players. It could be because you have nicer, newer units than I do or some other nuance between the model numbers.

As far as the SAVR and software, you only have to have it connected to the internet when you are doing an inventory search. The software will sequentially load the disks and search for and download information about them. After you do this (which will take a very long time - queue it up to run overnight) and clean up some data entry, the only time you'll need to be connected to the internet is when you want the software to "recognize" a disk that was not previously loaded into the players.

After you have the database set up on the laptop, you can tell the software to upload the artist and album information to the players.

So, you'll need to be connected for batch mode updates, but not for everyday use. Make sense?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem