Good points, HomeDad. I usually drink 'em before too long, too. I've never bought wines without planning to drink them immediately prior to this past year or so.
Years ago a friend who worked for Universal/Seagram gave me a bottle of French stuff from one of the premier wineries there (I belive it was called "L'Alter Ego de Margaux Palmer" or something like that) with instructions to wait a few years before drinking it. I did, but it aged under less than optimum circumstances apparently. We also drank it at a poolside bbq in the summer at probably 75-80*. It seemed flabby and unremarkable, LOL.
I currently have about 15-20 tannic young reds that would probably age well (though I like em as is now).

Just for shits & giggles, here's one I like (taken from their newsletter):

2003 Leonesse Cellars Limited Selection Series “Two”, Temecula Valley. This unique blend of 51% Petit Verdot, 32% Merlot, and 17% Cabernet Sauvignon is robust and well-balanced, deep in color, and explodes with concentrated aromas of boysenberry, black licorice, cedar and tobacco. The wine’s firm tannin structure, along with extended aging in small oak barrels, imparts a silky mouth-feel and a long, linger-ing finish.VARIETAL COMPOSITION:51% Petit Verdot, 32% Merlot, 17% Cabernet SauvignonAPPELLATION: Temecula ValleyTITRATABLE ACIDITY/pH: 0.61g per 100ml/3.76RESIDUAL SUGAR:DryBARREL PROFILE: 23 months in 71% French Oak and 29% Ameri-can Oak (35% new)SKIN CONTACT: 22 daysALCOHOL: 14.8% by volumeCASES PRODUCED: 218RELEASE DATE:November, 2005SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $32