Well, I've never listened to the SVS, but I guess it would be mainly the choice between box vs. cylinder designs. I can tell you that my VTF-3 is more than sufficiently powerful to fill our open living room (the room itself is about 18'x28'x10' but it is connected via large openings to a full kitchen/breakfast and to a two-story foyer and formal/dining, the entire volume being more than 15,000 cubic feet). The sub itself, however, sonically disappears entirely even through the loudest bass-heavy passages.

I would also strongly suggest you add your new sub for music listening in a 2.1 or 5.1 configurations -- once you get a high-quality sub, you going to enjoy a significant effect of the sub in adding the proper ambience, atmosphere and "attacks," even in case the music does not contain much of the bottom octave of bass frequencies, and even if you are using floorstanding L/R mains such as the M60's. I myself use the VTF-3 with 80Hz crossover with my Hales floorstander fronts (readily capable of going down to 35Hz or so), and don't want to go without the sub anymore.