Mark, man you wouldn't believe just how many 40+ year olds going through their second childhood are running around Florida on a Harley-Davidsons ... many are getting hurt or even dying at a high rate as well. If we lived where there were some open roads, maybe, but not down here on these busy Florida roads.

I was going to do the exact same regarding SRV's signature Strat but the least expensive I could find the $1,999 MSRP Strat was $1,399 new. Although neat, I just never really liked the 'new' look of the guitar and I've read where Fender used some run-of-the-mill parts and pieces, i.e. the pick guard. And the very, very limited edition (100 units) SRV 'Number 1' Strat is a wee bit out of my spending brackets.

So...

After much looking around I've already decided that my next project will be an SRV DIY 'Number 1' Strat. Should be a fun project and the end result will hopefully turn out to be my personal little tribute to Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughan while at the same time make a great conversation piece for our new media room...which happens to be my 'over 40' project at the moment.

Rick
Our Room

smile