So after searching some threads on ground loop hum and identifying the source of my hum (the cable connection), I ordered from Parts Express Part Number 180-075.

Now I have basic cable, no box, and the cable runs directly from the wall into my 10 year old tv. I've attached the part to both the wall/cable connection and the TV/cable connection.

I am getting serious vertical bands on the NBC, Fox channels and some other trippy action on a few other channels. Other channels are not affected.

I emailed Parts express explaining my setup and asked if the part may have been defective or if I ordered the right part for my situation. They replied by stating that they are shipping out a replacement part. I received this today and it has not resolved the issue.

Have any of you had any issues with this part not working, or something tells me that it may have to do with my cable line?

Any thoughts. I'd rather not have to go the Jensen route and I plan on contacting PE again, but I'd like to run this by the experts!

Thanks again!