Nah, Peter, while the warmongers are the next easiest ones to point to for these evils, it's the more insidious deaths I mean.

I live in a country with two federal political parties, one of which is pushing to Americanize our health care system, meaning less of their rich country club "gods" will die in favour of more blue-collar "clods" dying.

And Workplace Safety and Health is another big one for me... I volunteer with an Occupational Safety and Health education organization targeted towards young workers, so I end up carrying a disproportionate number of dead teenagers on their last hundred feet above ground... safety equipment costs money, and sometimes more money than the fines imposed when things go bad. Ever seen Fight Club where Edward Norton says "Take the number of vehicles in the field (A) multiply it by the probable rate of failure (B) then multiply the result by the average out of court settlement (C). A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of the recall, we don't do one." ... same thing. And I end up holding onto brass coffin rails every time X is less than the cost of making things right. There's a reason I only own black suits.

Bren R.