OK. I've had enough. I mean enough is enough! I fire up my Axiom gear, and it sounds great. Then it happens. Each and EVERY day.... I have to get in to my car and deal with, dare I say it? Bad audio! I mean, what do these car companies think that they are doing when the purchasing department picks out the stereo and speakers that they put into their vehicles. Do they think that people don't care about how the audio sounds?

I know that people here have asked, "When is Axiom going to make car speakers?" and other similar questions. I waited, know that it would most likely never happen, nor is it a great business path for Axiom, but enough is enough.

I broke down and had to upgrade the audio in my car. Now, I was trying to keep the cost down... I mean, this is just a car after all, and I mainly drive it to and from work only, but I didn't want generic off-brand Walmart stuff either. So a little eBay shopping (actually got a great deal on some speakers) and some Froogle.com searching for a new head unit (CD player/radio for the old schoolers here). Found another deal there too. Now, many people know that I am a fan of Pioneer gear (always had good luck with them) and I have a Ford (who, in their infinate wisdom uses non-standard sized car speakers) and Pioneer is one of the only brand name speaker manufacturers for Ford sized speakers. So I dropped some coin on a pair of 4-way and a pair of 3-way speakers. Through in their 6700 series head unit, and all I can say is WOW what a difference. Still not the same as my Axioms, but come on, this is just a car. Accoustics are less than ideal, and my budget was a lot less.

Has anyone else felt the need to upgrade some other audio system thanks to Axiom making such a great product?

Farewell - June 4, 2020