Yeah, I know what your thinking. Yet another person asking about BW Vs Axioms.

Nope, not this time.

Before I got my Axiom M60ti's I went to a couple of high end HT shops.

Man, I liked the sound of those 704 BWs. When I finally got my Axioms M60ti's I set them up in my excitement without doing any set up with my new RX-V2500. I am a total noob so I didn't have a clue about settings or anything.

Fired em up and was left unimpressed. Should of got the BWs? Got some encouragement about settings and a little break end time.

Spent some time with the EQ stuff and got it set up as good as I could. Then after some break-in time suddenly, those unimpressive M60ti's sounded fantastic.

After really enjoying some listening this morning I happen to be in the neighborhood of that same HT store and went in and once again tried the B&Ws 704s.

Huh? Were these the same speakers I was listening to before? They sounded very inferior to the M60ti's. The bass seemed coloured, the highs not nearly as crisp. And this in a sound room set up for demo of high end stuff.

As I sat there listening to the 704s a big smile came across my face and the sales guy grined right back thinking I was really impressed.

That made me smile even more, but not as much as much as when I asked him the price for a pair of the 704s. With tax it was going to be around $2,400/pair.

At which time an even bigger smile came across my face which is still there now as I type while listening to my M60ti's.