pmbuko: Thanks for the info re the Earthquake amplifiers. Their website has links to several reviews, and I have read all of them. I know the M80s are rated for 400 watts while the Cinenova amp will provide 600 watts @4ohm. I assume that will not be a problem at my normal listening levels. Before I bought the M80s, I spoke with Jean Claude (?) at Axiom who said the M80s can easily handle 1000 watts. I don't intend to test that statement!

Tharkun: Thanks for recommending the Halo A-21 amps. I like the Parasound amps and actually looked at the A-51. You have a terrific sound system! I wish I lived in the Bay area. But I am stuck in Chicago! I have my speakers in a 60x20x9 HT room, and the Denon 3805 is of course seriously underpowered at driving four 4ohm and one 6ohm speaker simultaneously. I cannot get close to reference audio levels without apparent distortion. So, I need more powerful amps! The Halo JC-1s would be perfect for my needs, but are beyond my budget! Is your local Parasound dealer willing to ship to Illinois? :-)

4 M80s/VP150/EP600/Denon AVR-5308 & DVD-2910/
2 QSC SRA3622(1100wattsX2)/Carvin 1800HD(600wattsX2)