I finally joined the Harmony family yesterday. I must say this was the easiest and most user friendly remote I have ever owned. I have tried the Radio Shack Kamieleon. While not a bad remote it it would eat up a set of batteries in no time. Plus it was a device operated remote, not wife friendly. Next up was a Sony RM-AV3000, man this thing is a pain in the rump to program. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to operate everything exactly the way I wanted. It had a very low waf when trying to play a DVD. The Sony manual is one of the worst manuals to understand. I couldn't for the life of me get all the commands to work for all the components we have.

I received the Harmony 659 yesterday afternoon and I had it programmed and working in about a half an hour. Before I would still have to have a few remotes handy to do all the things I wanted to do while watching a movie. The Harmony does all I need it to do. I really like how it is activity based, now all the wife has to do is pick an activity and press the button, it can't get much easier than that.

I have two separate systems, one for music and one for H/T, this remote handles all the devices now. Plus I was able to teach it some commands for the cd recorder I have. I must say I am impressed

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud