Thanks a lot to everyone for so many ideas. I really have something which I can decide on now, especially in the $200 range.

Chess, the NAFTA rules have changed but it is still very very difficult to bring in any electronic items into India. The excise department anyway charges a duty of about 40% on the price. In fact, the B&W DM303 which retails for US $300 in Europe and the US retails for $360 here in India which is ridiculous.

Any such items that come in by cargo get confiscated at Customs and if they're not damaged after that, the buyer may have to go to the customs court and justify the need for purchasing this specific item when such similar items (like Sony, Panasonic) are already available in this country. Then a fine is imposed + excise duties. So my M3s might have cost me upto $400 had I tried to get it in by cargo (not to mention the sleepless nights and trips to the customs office and my loss of pay at work). Hence.....the suitcase method :-)

Now that you've all given me so many options, I'll keep myself busy till I narrow down on something. I'm not a big bass freak, just need some nice bass for music.

Many thanks again everyone.