So... what with Superbowl being on, figured I would put together the FMS-QS stands and watch the show out of the corner of my eye.

The FMS-QS stands are expensive, but after putting them together I have to say they are worth every penny. The first surprise was how well they were packed... not your normal "box of stuff rattling around" at all :

Everything was individually wrapped, with a nice toolkit, spikes and rubber feet. Started to think that maybe this was a pretty good deal after all...

The vertical posts thread into the base like some kind of exotic weapon system, with nice machined collars and set screws holding the top platform onto the posts. The set screws are preset to just the right point so it takes about a quarter turn to tighten everything up. Here's the finished stand ready for mounting :

And finally a shot of new vs. old. I can't help but wonder if Romeo's original "Campbells speaker stand" post was the inspiration for the FMSs. Look at this picture and tell me you don't believe the FMS-QS has some soup can in its family tree :

The stands are quite stable even without weights in the tubes. I'll still probably drop a few socks of lead shot down there just in case.

Anyways, based on initial reactions these stands are highly recommended.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8