Just got done playing with the channel adjustments again. Here’s what I had to do.

First off, I could not switch between the different modes without an input selected. Meaning, the damn thing will not let me change any settings but DD if just using the OSD without an input being routed through the receiver to the TV. When trying to do this, I could select the other surround modes, but after setting up the channels for the first mode selected and then going back out to the main audio set up screen and selecting a different mode then selecting the channel option, it would not bring up the menu to change each channel. Clear as mud??

So for a work around this, I selected the satellite input and then hit the OSD. I could then go into each different mode and set up each channel for all the different surround modes. Strange, but that’s the only way I could do it.

There is a remarkable improvement now when I’m watching the satellite and I switch back and forth between the different surround modes. All sound different, but it isn’t overpowering on one channel or the other anymore. Some modes seam to send sound to the speakers differently, but none are “louder” than the others now.

Now I just need to get a disk that will send pink noise to the sub so I can set that. I’m currently running back and forth to the sub and playing with its volume control, but that’ll get old real quick. We are watching the lord of the rings movies again with the new system. What’s up with these movies? They sure seam to have a hell of a LFE channel. More so than any of the other movies I’ve watched yet.

What disk should I buy to generate pink noise for the sub? Do any DVD’s have this, or do I have to buy a special disk?