The pics really don’t do them any justice. They make me pause every time I walk in the room. I suspect the rosewood are stunning. To bad I couldn’t get a set…..oh well, the high gloss EP 600 should go well with them when I get around to ordering one.

The more I listen to these things, the more I like them (and I already liked them allot). Still don’t really have a preference between the Opus and M80’s though. Sometimes I just get the itch to hear a CD on the M80’s, so I take it to that system and sit for a spell.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the Opus’s do have a lower treble output than the M80’s. I used to leave the tone controls on the Rotel pre / pro at the L1 positions ( + 1.5 db LF ). I would never, never set it to the H1 positions ( +3 db HF ) because it was simply too much treble. I find that I like the Opus’s set to the H1 position. They are quite detailed, but just a bit ‘smoother’. I ‘think’ I prefer this, but there are times when I miss the sharpness of the M80’s treble. Other than that, it’s quite difficult to tell much a difference. Well I take that back…..the Opus’s have more low end bass. The mids are damn near identical.

This is just one more attest to how good the M80’s sound. I think folks see what they cost and come to the conclusion that they couldn’t possibly compete with more expensive speakers. That assumption couldn’t be further from the truth.