I'm employed in the Info. Tech. sector so I've got all of my own cabling equipment so I'm able to terminate things on my own.

Your project is light years ahead of mine! I started with a basement, laid down DriCore, floated walls on top of it, did electrical, LAN, CATV and hung drywall, and painted it.

...it has still taken me nearly a year to get this close to being done (I have a 3 year old wanting to help).

Your sounds shiny*!

Sadly it isn't a dedicated Home Theater so much as a family room/Home Theater (I have a 3 year old daughter counting the days when she can take some toys down there and run around). For this reason, I did what I could afford where sound was concerned. I had wanted to go with dual layers of 5/8's inch rock, but after shelling out an unbudgeted $2K for DriCore (did all except root cellar and mechanical room), my wife begged me to stop there. :|

As for the Mitsubishi? I've loved it since it came to my home in 2000. It was a third generation Mits HD (Diamond Series) but doesn't have a built in DTV tuner, or digital inputs. My wife made me promise that I wouldn't upgrade sets for 10 years (isn't that cruel & unusual?) so I am counting the months and have my eye on a 73" Mits DLP or LCoS. I figure by 2009-2010, the technology will be commonplace, and with upcomming LED technologies replacing current DLP color wheels, quality may be a bit better.

...so for now, I'm kind of screwed where BluRay and HD-DVD are concerned (I have no HDMI input), at least until I upgrade!

Be sure to post or link to photos of your project to inspire (or scare away) others interested in DIY projects!

* http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/CortexLexicon

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds