Right on Rick! Now you just need to get her on dirt bikes so you can get a new one!

So how big is your room? I plan to have the 600 sitting in the corner beside the 80 like you did. But my room’s only 12 X 16 and I’ve already got way too much sound for it. A second 600 would be insane.

To the question, “How do you like it?”……….I don’t. I love it!

The 500 was a great sub, no doubt about it. And when I first fired up the 600 I had trouble telling any difference between the two. It seamed to have a little more presence and just seamed to be “smoother”, but not a night and day or dramatic difference between the two. That was the impression I got from the first night watching The Fifth Element.

Last night however, I double checked the settings on the sub because I had a spontaneous realization (happens from time to time). It occurred to me that I didn’t check the sub’s X over knob and make sure it was in bypass. – It wasn’t in bypass and was set to 40 (plus the AVR was set to all speakers small and at 80). I put it in bypass and threw in a couple DVD’s. Now I can say that there is a significant improvement over the 500. I really don’t how to describe it other that to say that the 600 is much “smoother”. It hits hard, but not edgy or rough. The LFE’s are just “there” in a HUGE way, but without being rude about it. The 500 is just a bit less refined, more abrupt and slightly immature compared to its big brother.