Need some advice on a couple of things. I’m at work, so pictures aren’t available.

The drywall in my 20’x 28’ basement room is done and last night I applied primer/sealer to the walls. For the walls, we have chosen a dark brick color and the primer was tinted dark gray to provide better coverage for the paint. The walls on the steps going into the basement, molding and basement doors will be covered in an antique off-white that was mixed to match the color of the leather sofa; the primer for the off-white paint is white.

The issue involves the ceiling areas that are boxed in because of beams and HVAC. There are 2 boxes around the beams (bottoms are 8” wide). The third box is much larger and covers the HVAC and pipes (bottom of this area is about 24” wide). I will be putting in a drop ceiling and will anchor the sides to the boxed in areas. My question – what color do I paint the sides and/or bottom of the boxed in areas? My initial thought is brick on the sides (there will be exposed areas below the drop in ceiling) and off-white on the bottoms. The ceiling tiles will be white.

Second question. Do I want to put molding around the top of the wall against the drop ceiling channels or just leave the channels exposed?

I’ll be doing more painting tonight, so input will be appreciated.

Ray