There has been some question as to if the 1015 can handle the M80 4 ohm load.

I just upgraded from the M60's to the M80's in a 5 speaker Axiom system (M80 (2), VP150 (1), QS8 (2) )

I am running the m80's via the Pioneer VSX-1015 with the bi-amp option. I have read many posts about bi-amping, and it's questionable benefits, but I figured that since I was not running a 7.1 system, and I have the option to do bi-amping with my 1015, I figured WHY NOT!. Also, there have been no posts (that I can find) that say that bi-amping has a negative effect, so I bi-amped my M80's. (I had the M60's also bi-amped, just FYI).

Well, I received my M80's last night, and I listened to music and watched Dish TV for about 2 hours or so, and the Pioneer 1015 did just fine.

Now I did not actually stress out my system, but I will be doing that this weekend, maybe watching DOOM or War of the Worlds. I do have 3 hours of Sci Fi to watch tonight, that should put some stress (if that is the correct word) on my system.

Also, while I will listen to the music/dvd's at my maximum normal volume, I will NOT be trying to knock the doors down, entertaining my entire neighborhood.

I will report back more details monday.

(BTY, my initial impressions were that the M80's DO SOUND BETTER than the M60's. Fuller, more detailed, crisper might be adjectives that I would use.)