My HT room is 12' X 22' X 8' high. There is a large opening to another room about the same size and an open stairway leading down to an entryway and the downstairs. I am unable to close off the openings at all. A large window and a stairway prevent me from setting the HT up the long way, so I have the TV on one side of the 12' and the couch on the other. The couch is about 2' from the wall so my eyes are about 8' from the screen. My M22's are currently 11 ft apart and toed in pretty well with the tweeters at ear level. My VP150 is sitting directly on top (angled down to my ears) of my 38" widescreen direct view tv. I am finishing up 2 large SVS type DIY subs that will lay behind my couch.

My problem is that I just pre-ordered a Pioneer 53TX and I want to use all 7 channels. My side surrounds look like they would go best about 3 feet in front of my head and up over the window 6" from the ceiling to the top of the speaker (QS8) and 22 ft wide. The rear surrounds look to fit nicely about 2 feet from the ceiling and about 6 feet wide behind the couch.

1. How does this setup sound? Am I missing anything?

2. QS4 or QS8?

3. Should I move my M22s in closer to the TV?

Thanks for all of your help getting me this far!