Nick, I don't own any "higher resolution" CD's/DVD's, (mainly due to the fact that I don't have a compatable player!), but your post got me thinking. So I popped into Future Shop to see what DTS titles they had. Pretty pathetic selection, but I ended up grabbing the DVD-A of Automatic For The People by R.E.M. (since it included DTS encoding)

Well, I was blown away. The sound quality is absolutely amazing. EVERYTHING that isn't supposed to be there is gone. The instruments and vocals come through so clear and precise. The use of the surrounds are restrained, which I like. I can't stand when the music gets overshadowed by the engineer trying to "WOW" us with surround effects. (this preference doen't apply to movies, though!)

The only forewarning I have is the about the content. If you are only familiar with R.E.M.'s main stream songs that get radio play, you may be disappointed. The only two on this are "Everybody Hurts" and "Man on the Moon". The rest are the standard Michael Stipe weirdness.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.