Hi

I'm building a home theater in my basement. The basement is unfinished so lucky for me I can run all the wires in the walls. I have a few questions I would hope some of you experts out there could answer:)

1) I want a clean looking install...is there any drawbacks to using terminating wall plates with banana plugs for all the speakers? Or is it better to just run the wire directly from the reciever to the speaker?

2) Same question but for the sub. Can I usa a terminating RCA wall plate or should I go direct from the reciever through the wall to the speaker without any breaks?

3) Anyone know where to find good banana plug wall plates? Would I need recessed wall plates for the surrounds (QS8s and QS4s)

4) Can I easily get 12 AWG wire into the M60ti speakers or is it better/easier to use banana plugs?

5) For those of you that have done in wall wiring for your theater or entertainment room what recommendations woudl you give me? I just don't want to forget anything.

6) Can I run two runs of wire side by side or will I get interference? I've heard you're not supposed to run two lines of speaker wire together? If this is true then it be a pain and me hopes that it aint true...arghhh

I can't believe how much cable is necessariy for a home theater install. Its giving me a headache

Scott

Last edited by srthomas21; 03/08/06 08:03 AM.