I’m running my M80’s with a 7300. Great machine…..

The only ‘quirks’ are the channel settings. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Just take your time and read through the manual as you go. The manual is written very well and easy to understand as long as you don’t speed read (like I do, when I actually try to follow directions).

The one thing I found with the channel settings is that you need to set up each surround setting. When you do this, you need to go out of the master set up menu, change the AVR’s surround setting, go back into the menu and re calibrate the settings. Oh hell, you’ll figure it out……..to hard to try to explain how to do it. When you get it, ask again and I’ll try and help. The meter on the remote sucks. I’d suggest you get one from Radio Shack. You’ll also need a test disk to set up the sub; the HK does not have white noise for LFE.

It drives the 80’s without a whimper to deafening sound levels. The video processor works pretty damn good too. My SDTV looks much, much better through the 7300. DVD processing will depend on your player. You should try both the player and the AVR to see which you prefer. The video set up options are endless.

The only complaint I have is that stinking fan. It’s on all the time and I can hear it at low volumes. Not an issue when watching the TV or listening to music, but it is irritating just knowing it’s on. And no, it’s on whenever the machine is on.

You’ll love Logic 7.

Oh, and it’s heavy…….and big……..