The M3s have been in use for four nights.

I changed from VP150 to M3s over and under the SXRD to improve dialog localization the the screen. That has happened. It also works to have the VP150 over and one M3 under, but not the other way around. The M3s run in parallel have the same ouput as the VP150. The M3s are on their sides (I know that's a no-no), but it works without any changes in sound quality that I can tell.

Other observations:

When I first set up the system with the VP150, the Denon auto-setup configured L/R as large, C as small, surrounds as small, with sub crossed at 80. The M3s in the new auto config are large. Other speakers the same as before.

With the M3s as centers, on channels that come in center-only (no separation even with PLII cinema or music), I get a better range of sound with the M3s than with the VP150. I have tried the VP150 as large and I have tried different crossovers as well with the VP150. On these center-only channels, I tried the M3 as small and varied the crossover, but can't get a signal to wake up the sub, even boosting the bass. The M3s make a difference in the lower frequencies on these type of channels. This was the primary reason for going with the M3 as opposed to a second VP150 or VP100.

I wish it was a better cable signal because my favortie channel, SCIFI, is one of the center-only channels.

On channels that the Denon receives as stereo or 5.1 (there are indicators on the Denon), I can see the monoblocks go from standby to on and the mains/surrounds kick in. If I will be watching long enough, I change to speakers to small and listening is wonderful. Two M3s blend just as well with the M80s as the VP150 IMHO.

I'll try this set-up for the trial period, but I like what I hear.

I may try the VP150 as a center back. The couch is against the wall, so I will pull it out just far enough to set the VP150 on the floor firing up. Should be interesting. Or maybe Ebay if that doesn't work out.

The M3s are FO, shipped on Friday afternoon and received on Monday morning. Hats off the Axiom and FedEx. I can't find a blemish on either M3. They look perfect.

I'm a happy camper.

Bug