Thanks!
You are right about the M3's sounding great with tubes. Believe it or not I hooked the 60's up to the SC also and it was pretty nice. Amazing that with 7 watts per channel I was able to drive the 60's to volumes that had my wife yelling at me. I love when she yells.
It sounded very good indeed. But I liked the slightly "rounder" sound of the 3's. It made me really wonder how a nice set amp would sound with a pair of 50's. I think I would like that a lot.
SC did make some nice set amps and those can get pricey on EBAY. Mine however is a beautifully restored Stereo 24 push pull. When I first got it it was absolutely silent. It has now developed a slight hum. I find I can control it by turning up the individual gains and keeping the master gain around 50%.
Not sure if I'll get it fixed or not. I just spent 200.00 to get my Vintage AR SS amp fixed. I know, I know even the repair guy told me not to bother but they sell on EBAY for 300. to very recently 450.00. So I figure I'm not out anything should I decide to sell it later. I just have always loved the way that thing sounds. I also have an immediate buyer if I ever decide to get rid of the SC. I won't do that until I can get something else. I'm looking at Tube Audio Designs 150 and their Pre Amp to go with it. Of course I'll probably change many times before I have the money for this. The guy I took my AR to also makes his own tube amps and they look and sound very nice. A bit more money than the TAD-150 though.

I was considering the HK Citation II but I thought I read you cannot get the parts and they are a bear to restore. I think the current issue of TAS has an article on it. However they don't mention the difficulty in restoring or modifying it. I read that on the web somewhere. Good luck with yours and be sure to post your impressions if and when you get it all modified.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon