In reply to:

Wow, fanatic much? It always sucks when people like something enough to tell other people about it, doesn't it?

You're missing the point, though, Ken... hypersensitive to Mac bashing?

It's just that for the year previous to their purchase, I had read all the posts of "Playing WC3 on my computer, playing Half-Life 18 on my computer, playing Perfect Dark Minus 4 on my computer..." and then they buy iMacs and the posts turn into "oMgZZZZ!!!11!!one1!! ThIz c0mPUt3r t0Tally r0x0rz! ((^_^)) kekekeke" Launching the new arena was my first foray into OSX... the non-linear edit suite was OSX, my CG machine was XP. Rolling my chair between them, I didn't feel a particular, throbbing love for either. On one, I got one BSoD and a few Critical Errors, on the other, I got a good number of "the little color wheel has been spinning now for 10 minutes"... neither one made me want to shout from the rooftops and profess my undying, unnatural love for them.

With the fervor that they were applauding the new systems, it made me wonder if they had either received a model with a shiatsu massage mouse, or a Maxim-branded version of OSX or something.

Both just feel like tools to me. If I'm roofing - I want a roofing hammer, if I'm framing - I want a claw hammer, if I'm metalworking - I want a ballpeen hammer. I've never clung tight to, say, the ballpeen as a marvel of engineering, used it for everything, secretly cursed it's inability to remove a bent nail, then sung it's praises when Craftsman announces the new ballpeen hammer that dual boots into a claw hammer.

Ballpeen hammer guy (to contractor) "Look, my ballpeen now has a claw... I bet you're jealous, you need one of these, go get it now..."
Contractor "Uh, no thanks"
BHG "You're just jealous"
CON "Of?"
BHG "Now I can remove nails!"
CON "Um... this has been able to do the same for years" *waves claw hammer* "aren't you the nut that used to sit outside the construction trailer screaming 'peen is keen!' up until last week?"

Bren R.
(tongue planted firmly in cheek)