Newbie to the board. Great info in here, btw. I'm a big music fan, and enjoy good sound, but new to the audiophile world. I'm replacing my generic, oversized old floor speakers with something slimmer and higher end. Through internet research, I've settled on Axiom, probably M50's. This is for 2 channel music in a small room. At some point in the future they may move to a bigger room as part of a total audio/visual surround system, when I go from apartment to house. I was initially going with M3's due to high praise and lower price, and they would probably be all I need right now, but given that I don't want to get a seperate woofer, and with the cost added of wall mount hardware, the M50 factories outlets aren't much more expensive, I thought the m50 would make more sense for the future. It seems that m60's gets more praise in the forums, but I gather that the m50 still sounds great, but maybe just less high volume performance, which is fine by me.

Anyways, my question is, I have a fairly low end consumer spec receiver right now, and though I will replace some day, I am already over budget if I go with M50's and don't want (can't afford) to replace my receiver too. But on the other hand, I don't know if it is a waste getting higher end speakers with lower end receiver. It is a Yamaha RX 385, with specs as follows; 45W per channel at 8 ohm, .04% THD, 20-20000Hz. Will this adequately drive the M50 and and make use of it's capabilities? Or perhaps I should go with the more inexpensive M3's and replace my receiver? Any suggestions/comments appreciated. Thanks.