Didn't like the RS6's eh? I didn't have time to listen to them yesterday but I did spend nearly 2 hours with the Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3's, Monitor Audio Bronze B6's, and the Paradigm 9's.

I ruled the Paradigms out early on as they just seemed a bit too hollow sounding for me. I really enjoyed the Evo 3's as their soundstage and imaging were flawless. I wasn't expecting to like these speakers as much as I did. The B6's started off a bit so-so for me but began to come into their own as my test CD tracks became more aggressive (both hardcore and electronica) - which would have been where the Evo 3's were not quite as good. The B6's bass may have been a bit boomy and the speaker was generally warm sounding.

Having said all that, I am still inclined to go with the M60's just for the level of detail that they bring out of the music. I find them to be quite punchy as well. Given that they are 8 ohm and fairly efficient I'm not quite as concerned about the receiver/amp as I was. I think that if I can get a good deal on the HK AVR 135 or the other option was the Yamaha HTR 5840 then I will go for it. I'm currently in an apartment so I don't need the listening levels to be blistering very often.

Cheers,

Jordan