Hey Larry:
There's a large issue not factored in, though. A Mobil opened across the street and the nearby Texaco closed down....... errrr....I listen to XM 90% of the time and rarely watch movies or sit down to listen to CDs anymore.

My gut feeling is that XM, and likely Sirius, are taking the low road and prioritizing huge numbers of channels in a marketing race instead of offering higher datarates in fewer channels. When the record studios do this, when FM does this, when...ummm...hell, EVERYBODY prioritizes higher profits over quality, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

But the Polk was purchased with the expctation (based upon advertising and reviews) that it would offer higher quality listening over a Roadie. Maybe that was the case a couple of years ago, but it seems that the weak link is now the format itself.

People won't complain, so it won't change. For every person listening on Axioms or the like, there are 100 people listening in their car, on a boombox, or on a portable. Hey, it's equal to a mediocre Mp3, so who would notice?

Not that I'm freakin' bitter.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::