I sure have been enjoying these M60's. It's been a very long time since I've had the time to just sit down and listen to some music. With my oldest daughter taking guitar lessons, we're having fun listening to the variety of guitar instrumentals in my collection.

But I've noticed something and I wonder if anyone else has too. This is an HT room, with a 7.1 setup, all Axiom. As such, I have my lazy-boy positioned in the middle in front of the TV, with the 60's as the mains. When I listen to music, I find I am usually in the chair, reclined quite a ways back - maybe even lying down. When I listen in 'pure stereo', where only the 60's are involved, I find that the image floats in front of my face - some distance out, but always in front of me. When I'm looking horizontally, the bulk of the image is smack-dab between the speakers as you'd expect. But when I'm lying back, it is hovering in space, almost at the ceiling, above the plane of the speakers.

I've been experimenting with the various 'pseudo-surround' modes of my Pioneer A/V receiver, and if I use any of these modes where other channels (particularly the center) are involved, the image snaps to the front and when I'm laying back it sounds like it is at my feet. But go back to stereo, and it moves back up in the air in front of my face as I look at the ceiling.

Does that make sense? Does that sound goofy?

Doesn't really matter - it sounds awesome - I just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

-Brian

2xM60ti, 2xM3ti, 2xQS4, VP100, EP350, N2's